fbpx
Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

67% Retail Investors Feel Undaunted By Market Downturn: Study

A study by social investing network eToro says the investment appetite of retail investors remains largely unaffected by the current crypto winter, which is arguably the longest and most severe in the history of cryptocurrencies. The study, “Retail Investor Beat”, reveals 67% of retail investors feel either positive or unsure about the bear market which is now at least a year old.
“When asked what impact the bear market has had on their mindset, two-thirds (67%) are either positive or ambivalent, while the remainder (33%) say their investing appetite has been dented to some extent,” a press release from eToro said based on the Retail Investor Beat report.  
For relatively young investors, 2022 was possibly the first bear market but they seem to be confident and positive about it as they are able to buy into companies at lower prices. In contrast, older investors are feeling more strained.
“Three in four (76%) 18-34-year-olds feel positive or indifferent about the downturn, whilst this drops to 60% amongst over-55s. Across all age groups, the younger the investor, the more upbeat they are about the 2022 bear market – challenging the perception that younger investors are more short-term driven, the release said.
While it may appear odd for two-thirds of retail investors to feel either positive or indifferent to the downturn, a majority of these investors have a long-term view. Given this, the bear market has helped them expand their crypto investment portfolio, says Ben Laidler, Global Markets Strategist at eToro.         

Leave a comment

About SuperCryptoNews

SuperCryptoNews is a global leading blockchain & crypto news provider, covering daily news focused on trading and investment developments in bitcoin and crypto. We bring you expansive crypto news coverage around the world. We offer many thought leadership opinions from blockchain experts and leaders of the industry.

Subscribe to SCN

© Copyright of Novum Global Consultancy Pte Ltd {2020, 2021}. All rights reserved.

111 North Bridge Road, 21-01, Peninsula Plaza, Singapore 179098.

Phone: +65-80282938

Contact Us   |   T&Cs   |   Privacy Policy   |   About Us

About SuperCryptoNews

SuperCryptoNews is a global leading blockchain and crypto news provider, covering daily news on the latest tech and trading developments in crypto. We bring you expansive crypto news coverage especially in Asia, with a focus on Singapore, Thailand and Southeast Asia.

Follow Us On

© Copyright of Novum Global Consultancy Pte Ltd {2020, 2021}. All rights reserved.

Contact Us   |   T&Cs   |   Privacy Policy   |   About Us