fbpx
Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Mayor-Elect Eric Adams Envisions an NYC Cryptocurrency

New York City’s mayor-elect Eric Adams announced that he hope to create a city-wide cryptocurrency, similar to Florida’s MiamiCoin. This would position NYC as the next US city to become a hub for the developing crypto industry.

Adams brought up the success of Miami mayor Francis Suarez’s MiamiCoin, adding that they are looking to go to that direction. He said that the Big Apple must attract talents in the crypto field and promised to not let excessive regulations hinder the growth of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in their city.

The mayor-elect decided to foster a healthy competition with Suarez, whose city became the first US municipality to accept contributions via CityCoin.

MiamiCoin has generated around $7.1 million for Miami since its launch in August. The cryptocurrency is run by CityCoins, a non-profit organisation that enables users to invest in cities or towns. 30% of the revenue goes to the city while the remaining 70% goes to the user.

Suarez estimated that the coin would generate over $60 million for the south Florida city over the following year and could ultimately substitute taxes in the funding of social programs.

Leave a comment

About SuperCryptoNews

SuperCryptoNews is a global leading blockchain & crypto news provider, covering daily news focused on trading and investment developments in bitcoin and crypto. We bring you expansive crypto news coverage around the world. We offer many thought leadership opinions from blockchain experts and leaders of the industry.

Subscribe to SCN

© Copyright of Novum Global Consultancy Pte Ltd {2020, 2021}. All rights reserved.

111 North Bridge Road, 21-01, Peninsula Plaza, Singapore 179098.

Phone: +65-80282938

Contact Us   |   T&Cs   |   Privacy Policy   |   About Us

About SuperCryptoNews

SuperCryptoNews is a global leading blockchain and crypto news provider, covering daily news on the latest tech and trading developments in crypto. We bring you expansive crypto news coverage especially in Asia, with a focus on Singapore, Thailand and Southeast Asia.

Follow Us On

© Copyright of Novum Global Consultancy Pte Ltd {2020, 2021}. All rights reserved.

Contact Us   |   T&Cs   |   Privacy Policy   |   About Us